Andy Cohen stands by ‘RHONY’ reboot after Bethenny Frankel slammed it as a ‘piece of trash’

Andy Cohen defended the “Real Housewives of New York City” reboot once again after former star Bethenny Frankel called it a “piece of trash.”

“I think there are a lot of interesting personal stories with the women in the new ‘New York,’” the executive producer told Deadline Thursday at the Bravo Fan Fest in Miami.

Cohen did, however, admit the cast — which consists of Erin Lichy, Jenna Lyons, Ubah Hassan, Brynn Whitfield, Jessel Taank, Sai De Silva and Racquel Chevremont — faced a “little bit of a challenge this season.”

Andy Cohen, pictured here in 2023, defended rebooting “The Real Housewives of New York City.” Cindy Ord/Bravo via Getty Images
The show currently stars Racquel Chevremont, Sai De Silva, Jessel Taank, Jenna Lyons, Erin Lichy, Brynn Whitfield and Ubah Hassan, as pictured here. Danielle Levitt/Bravo via Getty Images

“I think the rap on the group in Season 1 was, ‘Oh, there’s not a lot of history there.’ The interesting thing about them this season is they hang out a lot and they are a cohesive group,” he pointed out.

The “Watch What Happens Live” host, 56, reiterated that he “really believe[s]” in the current cast and thinks they reflect the modern New York City woman.

“I think they’re very aspirational,” he said. “I think they’re fun to watch. I think the clothes and the window into a different kind of New York is all what we wanted it to be.”

Cohen explained that the new “RHONY” cast is still transitioning from casual friends to a solid group with drama. GC Images
The first 13 seasons included fan favorite cast members like Sonja Morgan, Luann de Lesseps, Bethenny Frankel, Ramona Singer and Dorinda Medley, pictured here with their Season 7 co-stars. Mathieu Young/Bravo

Prior to “RHONY” being rebooted in 2022, the show starred longtime “Housewives” including Ramona Singer, Sonja Morgan, Luann de Lesseps and Dorinda Medley.

“We had 13 great seasons, plus a ‘Girls Trip’ with that group of women, which is an incredible accomplishment,” Cohen said of the previous cast. “A lot changed, a lot shifted in [their] world and in life — Sonja is now living in Florida, Ramona basically lives in Florida. Things have shifted.”

The TV host then reiterated that Bravo plans on sticking with the new cast of “RHONY” because they are “the future,” adding, “I loved the original, but this is a new group.”

“I loved the original, but this is a new group,” Cohen said. Clifton Prescod/Bravo via Getty Images
He shared his perspective after “RHONY” alum Frankel slammed the reboot. NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images

Cohen shared his perspective after former cast member Frankel, 54, went on a rant about the “unwatchable” reboot and demanded “justice” for Morgan, 60, Medley, 59, de Lesseps, 59, and Singer, 68.

“The new girls — I’m sure they’re lovely,” the Skinnygirl founder said in a since-deleted TikTok video last week. “I haven’t seen the show, [but] I’m actually sure that they’re lovely.

“But [the former cast], as they got older, just got dropped off at the side of the road,” she continued before claiming Bravo only has “200,000 people watching this [new] piece of trash.”

Frankel called the refreshed series a “piece of trash” in a since-deleted TikTok video last week. Bethenny Frankel/TikTok
She demanded “justice” for OG stars such as Singer, Jill Zarin and Alex McCord, all pictured here. © Bravo

Advertisement

Related Posts

The New York Times stirs controversy by questioning Taylor Swift’s homosexuality

Recently, an article in The New York Times magazine questioned whether Taylor Swift is an “informal” homosexual. In the 5,000-word article, author Anna Marks linked together details related to the community …

Read more

Kanye West sued for assaulting former America’s Next Top Model contestant Jenn An during a 2010 music video shoot

She accused him of choking her and shoving his fingers down her throat while he shouted, “This is art… I’m like Picasso.” Kanye West; Jenn An. Photo:Bellocqimages/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images; Greg Doherty/Patrick…

Read more

Kanye West: ‘My wife left’

In a new song called Bianca (after his wife) released on Thursday, Kanye raps: “My girl ran away/ But before that she tried to take me to the hospital/ Didn’t go to the hospital ’cause I ain’t sick, I just don’t understand.” Kanye West and Bianca Censori. …

Read more

Katy Perry’s ex-husband charged with rape and sexual assault

On April 4, the London Police Department announced that Russell Brand, 50, will appear in court on charges of rape, indecent assault, oral rape and two counts of sexual assault. Actor Russell Brand. Photo: Variety The …

Read more

“After 2 Years of Hiding the Truth, Kate Confirms Long-Standing Rumors: ‘I Apologize to Those Who Trusted Me, the Cancer Was…’”

Kate Middleton, the Princess of Wales, has long been admired for her grace, commitment, and dedication to her royal duties. Over the years, she has become one of the most beloved figures in the UK and internationally, known for her charitable work and …

Read more

“‘Dear Brother, Please Rest Assured…’ – Princess Anne Stays by King Charles’ Side, and He Declares: ‘The Royal Successor Is…’”

Princess Anne Stays by King Charles’ Bedside During His Illness In a touching display of loyalty and family devotion, Princess Anne has remained by the bedside of her brother, King Charles III, as he battles a serious health condition. …

Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *