Disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein back in hospital after cancer diagnosis

Disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein is back in the hospital amid his cancer battle and is blaming New York City officials for “ongoing medical negligence,” his rep told The Post Friday.

However, the 72-year-old does not think Rikers Island, where he’s been serving prison time for multiple sex crimes, the Correctional Health Services or his doctors, whom he “deeply respects,” are at fault.

Weinstein is believed to be suffering from chronic myeloid leukemia, but his prognosis is unknown. His reps previously slammed The Post for the “speculation” surrounding the Miramax co-founder’s health.

“Craig Rothfeld, Mr. Weinstein’s authorized legal healthcare representative in New York State, expresses profound dismay at the speculation,” a spokesperson said last month.

Harvey Weinstein is currently hospitalized, according to his rep. Probe-Media for NY Post
The disgraced Hollywood producer, who is serving prison time for sex crimes, is believed to be battling cancer. REUTERS

“It is both troubling and unacceptable that such private and confidential health matters have become a subject of public discourse. Out of respect for Mr. Weinstein’s privacy, we will offer no further comment.”

The Post learned Friday that Weinstein is looking to sue NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue for not giving him the “right to proper care while in custody.”

His team believes the city’s alleged refusal to keep the former film exec at Bellevue hospital during his upcoming trial is a “severe oversight, jeopardizing his ability to attend to his own retrial.”

His rep concluded, “This treatment suggests a broader agenda for a more sinister outcome through lawfare and inadequate healthcare.”

Weinstein’s rep said the ex-producer wants to sue the city of New York for “ongoing medical negligence.” POOL/AFP via Getty Images
Weinstein reportedly believes his health has not received appropriate care amid his incarceration. REUTERS

Weinstein is facing a retrial on two sex crime charges that the New York state’s highest court overturned earlier this year following his 2020 conviction.

The New York Court of Appeals reportedly ruled in April that testimony from “prior bad acts” witnesses should not have been allowed in the trial four years ago because it “was unnecessary to establish defendant’s intent and served only to establish defendant’s propensity to commit the crimes charged.”

Weinstein, a prominent adversaries of the #MeToo movement, was convicted in February 2020 of one count of rape in the third degree and one count of a criminal sex act in the first degree.

He was found guilty and hit with a 23-year prison sentence for forcibly performing oral sex on former “Project Runway” production assistant Miriam “Mimi” Haleyi and for an attack on hairstylist Jessica Mann.

Weinstein was a prominent Hollywood producer known for hit movies like “Pulp Fiction.” BEI/REX/Shutterstock
Amid the rise of the #MeToo movement, women came forward to accuse him of rape and other horrific claims. REUTERS

Three years later, Weinstein was sentenced to another 16 years in prison following his trial in Los Angeles for the 2013 rape, forcible oral copulation and sexual penetration by foreign object of Jane Doe 1, an unidetified Italian model.

Amid all of his legal issues, the film producer behind hit movies such as “Pulp Fiction” and “Shakespeare in Love” has portrayed an image of a feeble and ailing man.

In October 2020, his attorneys claimed that Weinstein would likely die in prison because “his physical and mental condition has so deteriorated.”

Weinstein was given a 23-year sentence and 16-year sentence for his respective trials in New York and Los Angeles. POOL/AFP via Getty Images
The former movie mogul’s health has been declining for years amid his mounting legal woes. REUTERS

Advertisement

Related Posts

Bodybuilder “Jodi Vance” DIED at the age of 20 due to “severe dehydration” just because she didn’t do this right…

Vance’s trainer said her health had become “quite concerning” recently Bodybuilder Jodi Vance . Photo: Jodi Vance/Instagram Bodybuilder Jodi Vance has died after suffering a fatal heart attack, her family said. She was 20 years old. A post on Vance’s  …

Read more

“Why Did They Abandon Their Elderly Parents Until Death, Driven by Past Stressful Conflicts?”

Legendary Oscar-winning actor Gene Hackman died at the age of 95 along with his wife Betsy Arakawa at their home in Santa Fe, New Mexico on February 26, 2025. He is survived by three children from his first marriage to Faye Maltese: Christopher …

Read more

“Uncovering the Haunting Death of Gene Hackman and His Wife: A Timeline That Sends Shivers, with One Disturbing Detail”

Gene Hackman and his wife Betsy were found dead in their Santa Fe, N.M., home on Feb. 26 When authorities went inside the two-story Santa Fe, N.M., home of  Gene Hackman  and  his wife Betsy  around 2 p.m. on Wed. Feb. 26, they spotted Betsy first. …

Read more

Mocks Selena Gomez in a new post specifically showing her attitude when …

Model Hailey Bieber denies liking a sarcastic TikTok post about Justin Bieber’s ex Selena Gomez. Model Hailey Bieber. Photo:  Wire Hailey Bieber’s rep is speaking out after a TikToker claimed she “liked” a TikTok post mocking Selena Gomez and her …

Read more

Queen Mary Just Copied Kate Middleton’s Most Shimmery Gown to Date

Generate Key Takeaways It was a glimmering event for Queen Mary in Copenhagen this past week in more ways than one: She and her husband King Frederik hosted an Arts and Culture Ball at Christianborg Palace, taking over a tiara-worthy tradition started …

Read more

Kate Middleton & Meghan Markle And Their Fight Over Bees

Not only is she supposedly stealing ideas, but she’s stealing hobbies, too?  That’s what a lot of fans and critics can’t help but wonder as it’s being pointed out that Kate Middleton has long been a beekeeper before Meghan Markle told the world about …

Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *